The earliest recorded burial in Owls Head is that of William Heard in October 1808 at Ash Point. A stone in the Ash Point Cemetery records this date, but he was believed to be buried near the family homestead, which is on or near the present Charles Siletti property. Eleven cemeteries are located in Owls Head and much history can be found in each of them.   At the present time, there are available lots at the new Owls Head Cemetery which is located at the corner of Dublin and Ash Point Drive.  Information on available lots can be picked up at the Town Hall as well as cemetery listings.

[Home] [News & Announcements] [Upcoming Meetings] [Meeting Minutes] [Town Information] [Holiday Schedule] [Annual Report] [Appointed Town Officials] [Elected Town Officials] [Elected Local Officials] [Committees & Boards] [Structure of Town Govt.] [Business Listing] [Town Profile] [History] [Town History] [Railway Service] [Churches] [Schools] [The Village Library] [Fire Department] [Cemeteries] [Shipbuilding] [Knox County Regional Airport] [Fire Department] [Solid/Recycle Waste] [Bulk Waste (Stump Dump)] [Maps] [Ordinances] [Property Tax Data] [Forms & Requirements] [Comprehensive Plan] [Clubs & Groups] [Points of Interest] [Links] [FAQs] [Contact Us]