There were three churches in Town in 1921, the Owls Head Baptist Church, the Ash Point Church and the Church at Ingraham's Hill. Of those three churches, only one, the Owls Head Baptist Church at the village, remains as a place of worship.
The Ash Point Church, on the Ash Point Road (opposite the Dublin Road), was razed in 1956 and money in the treasury given to the Owls Head Church along with the pews and other items of furniture. For many years before its razing, there were no church services held there. It was, however, used for several weddings, the last two being Virginia Foster of Ash Point and Dick Staples of Rockland on May 29, 1947 and Norma Curtis of Ash Point and Howard Meserve of Westbrook on October 10, 1947.
The late Lawson and Edna Small were owners of the parsonage in which they lived for many years prior to and after the razing of the church. Following their death, their son and daughter-in-law Elmer and Dorothy Small lived there until the property was taken in 1993 by Knox County Airport.
The Church at Ingraham's Hill was purchased by Alfred and Florence Young and converted into a private home between 1948 and 1950. When the new foundation and cellar were constructed the position of the former church was changed so that the length of the building was parallel to the highway with a front entrance placed in the center of the home.