The Owls Head Volunteer Fire Company was formed following approval at a special town meeting on March 30, 1953. Following its incorporation that year, Owen Weeks was elected as the first fire chief and Dr. W. Bradford Adams, first president. A fire truck was purchased from Camden. Previous to the Town's own fire department, Owls head had a contract with Rockland for fire protection.
The old schoolhouse directly across from the present fire station was used by the department until the new station also containing a town office and vault was built at a cost of $ 14,000. Land for the fire station site was given by Maynard Bray. A well was drilled on the station property. The steel building was dedicated on August 14,1960 in memory of Dr. W. Bradford Adams. In addition to town appropriations, public suppers, dances and gifts of money have supported the department. Drills and work sessions are held regularly, plus training schools.
The pond and land in the Village owned by Myra Scammon was donated by her to the Town in 1954 as a skating pond. Later it became a fire pond and continues to serve this double purpose even today. Fire ponds were constructed in several areas of the town e.g. the Lighthouse Rd., and Ash Point, at the entrance of Lucia Beach Rd.